Lung 7 – 列缺 Liè Quē
A commonly used point in modern clinic, Lung 7 has an astonishing array of affects, including but transcending the Lung organ system itself. This point is generally not painful on needling, but in very thin patients or those with thin skin, care must be taken.
- English translations : Broken sequence (referring to it being off the course of the other Lung points), Jog in the Sequence, Lightning Bolt
- Point Properties :
- Luo-connecting point – This creates a direct connection between the Lung and the other metal organ system, the Large Intestine. So, when combined with Large Intestine points can treat things that involve both organ systems, or the metal element in general.
- Confluent point of the Conception Vessel – The Conception vessel is a special acupuncture channel that runs down the front midline of the body. This is one of the points that can be used to activate and utilize that channel.
- Official location (Deadman) : On the radial aspect of the forearm, approximately 1.5 cun proximal to Large Intestine 5 (at the “anatomical snuffbox”), in the cleft between the tendons of brachioradialis and abductor pollicis longus.
- Chinese medicine functions : Releases the exterior to expel wind, Promotes the descent of the Lung, Benefits the Head & Neck, Regulates the Water Passages, Activates the Channel to Alleviate Pain.
- Common conditions treated:
- Lack of appropriate sweating during an exterior invasion
- Chronic skin conditions dominated by dryness
- Stiff and painful neck, headaches coming from a stiff neck
- Nasal congestion & cough, shortness of breath
- Frequent urination, incontinence, difficult urination
- Grief, especially when accompanied by Lung related symptoms
- Uro-genital problems that relate to the Conception vessel
- Pain along the course of the Lung channel (chest, elbow, wrist, thumb)