We ask that you let us know if you will not be making your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
Our practitioners commit to being here, ready and prepared for your appointment. Many of our practitioners are booked several weeks out and have wait lists for appointments. If we do not have sufficient notice of appointment cancellations, we often cannot fill the missed appointment slot.
As a courtesy to you, and to help patients remember their scheduled appointments, Watershed Wellness’ scheduling system will send you a reminder email 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. You also have the option to sign up for text message reminders as well. If you would like that option, please notify the front desk.
If your schedule changes and you cannot keep your appointment, please contact us so we may reschedule you and accommodate those patients who are waiting for an appointment.
If you cancel late or no-show
A late cancellation is when you fail to give us 24 hours notice of an appointment cancelation/reschedule. A “no-show” is when you do not show up for a scheduled appointment and do not contact us in any way prior to the appointment.
- First time: This one’s a freebie. We know stuff comes up. We’ll make sure that you’re aware of our policy around cancelling last minute, and get you rescheduled.
- Second time: We will bill your card on file or otherwise collect a $50 late cancellation fee. THIS IS NOT BILLABLE TO INSURANCE.
- Third time: We will bill your card on file or otherwise collect a $50 late cancellation fee. THIS IS NOT BILLABLE TO INSURANCE. We will also disallow any further scheduling without paying the full cash rate for the appointment up front.
If there are further violations of our policy, we will unfortunately have to end our therapeutic relationship with you and prevent you from scheduling further. While this may seem a severe response, it is the fairest for our patient and practitioner community. In some instances with chronic cancelling due to medical or other significant issues, we may allow you to call for same-day appointments and to fill last minute cancellations.
Important notes about the fee
- You cannot reschedule until you have paid the fees described above.
- This charge is not reimbursable by your insurance company and you will be billed directly to your card on file.
Circumstances for waiving the late cancellation/no-show fee
- It is in everyone’s best interest that you stay home and take care of yourself if you are sick with an infectious illness. You will not be charged if you or a close contact / housemate have any symptoms of a respiratory infection including fever, coughing, congestion and vomiting. During allergy season, it can be hard to know whether you are suffering from allergies or a cold – better safe than sorry. If you have any questions, just call us to discuss.
- Whether or not you have symptoms, if you or a close contact / housemate tests positive for COVID-19 you will not be charged.
- Other significant emergencies. We understand that emergencies of a non-medical nature come up. Please call our office as soon as possible if you feel you cannot make your appointment due to some other reason. Particularly if it is not a repeated instance, we are willing to work with you on a case-by-case basis.
You can access your appointment information and make changes outside of the 24 hour window using the button below!
Reasons for our late cancellation / no-show policy
To learn more about our policies, how and why we established them, and more, please check out this blog post.